Fast Western Blot processor for automated washing & incubation of strip-based assays
The ProfiBlot 48 provides reliability and increased productivity by automating all key protocol steps of Western Blot processing, such as time consuming washing- and incubation procedures.
For optimum throughput it processes up to 48 samples per run and supports a range of Western Blot applications, such as for the confirmation of infectious diseases and autoimmune diseases, as well as for screening of allergies.
The ProfiBlot 48 has been designed to improve safety and reliability in the laboratory and to meet the IVD-directive 98/79/EC for Europe. It processes the entire assay in a disposable tray within an enclosed environment to minimize human exposure to potentially infectious samples.
Product highlights include:
- Automated processing of up to 48 samples per run
- Fast washing of 3 assay strips in parallel for high throughput
- Controlled timing also for short incubation steps
- On-board operation & BlotWare™ software for easy programming
- Color-coded reagent delivery system for up to 7 fluids
- Reagent saving feature minimizes dead volumes & running costs
- Auto-calibration of dispense volumes eliminates tedious manual procedure
- Separate collection of toxic & biohazardous waste minimizes waste treatment costs
- Pre-defined cleaning protocols for easy maintenance
The ProfiBlot 48 is easily pre-programmed using the BlotWare™ PC-software or operated via the integrated keypad. Once programming and downloading with the BlotWare™ software is completed, the PC can be disconnected from the instrument, and the assays run in stand-alone mode. Dispense volumes, selection of dispense channels, shaking speed for incubation steps and wash parameters can be arranged in any combination within a protocol, and up to 20 different methods can be stored on-board.