Temperature controlled Southern Blot processor & Western Blot processor for automated dispensing, hybridization & washing of strip-based assays
The ProfiBlot T48 is Tecan’s smart and reliable Blot Processor, designed to improve productivity and reproducibility by automating Southern Blot & Western Blot assays running within the temperature specifications of the instrument.
It offers full automation of reagent dispensing, hybridization and washing of strip based assays, used for a range of applications such as screening of infectious diseases, HLA-typing, HPV-testing, etc.
For reliable temperature control the ProfiBlot T48 combines advanced top & bottom heating systems with an integrated reagent pre-heating station, as well as an active cooling system.
Built to improve safety and reliability in the laboratory the ProfiBlot T48 has been designed to meet the IVD-directive 98/79/EC of Europe. It processes the entire assay in a disposable tray within an enclosed environment to minimize human exposure to potentially infectious samples.
Product highlights include:
- Advanced fluid-based system for active heating & cooling of tray
- Additional top heating element to avoid evaporation during run
- Integrated reagent pre-heating and magnetic stirrer system
- Reagent saving feature to minimize dead volumes & running costs
- Automated processing of up to 48 samples per run
- Fast washing of 3 assay strips in parallel for high throughput
- On-board operation & BlotWareTM software for easy programming
- Auto-calibration of dispense volumes eliminates tedious manual procedure
- Pre-defined cleaning protocols for easy maintenance
The ProfiBlot T48 is easily programmed using the BlotWare PC-software or operated via the integrated keypad. Once programming and downloading with the BlotWare software is completed, the PC can be disconnected from the instrument, and the assays run in stand-alone mode.
Typical assay parameters such as incubation temperature & shake speed, dispense volumes, selection of dispense channels and wash parameters can be fine-tuned to your application needs.